Clean eating is a fabulous way to improve your health. Clean eating foods features vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and lean protein. The goal is to keep processed foods at a minimum. In it’s most simplest terms, clean eating is eating real food.
Here are some simple tips to clean up your diet.
Clean Eating is based on the following guidelines:
1. Eat 5-6 smaller meals a day to regulate metabolism.
2. Drink at least 8 cups of water a day.
3. Avoid over-processed, refined foods, white flour and sugar
4. Avoid chemicals, preservatives, artificial sugar, saturated and trans fats, and sugar-loaded beverages.
4. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables
1. Create a master shopping and meal list. Save yourself some time. Keep a generic list on hand that includes things you buy frequently. If you are not sure what to buy, try the FunFIT shopping list. The list is not all of the clean foods in the world, but is a great start. When shopping, think of whole natural foods…stuff that came from the earth – Fresh fruit, fresh veggies, lean meat, minimum processed food.
2. Create your meal calendar. Decide what meals you are going to eat for the week and fill in your calendar with the specific meals. Plan with a purpose. Choose foods that will help you meet your goals for the day.
Working out is also part of a healthy lifestyle. While you’re clean eating, add a workout schedule to your calendar!
1. Schedule your workouts in advance. Make a date with your workouts and keep it!