– Hydrate with water. Drinking water prevents dehydration.
– Eat healthy, easily digested foods such as fruits, veggies, whole grains, and yogurt.
To maximize your workout, fuel up two hours before. If you only have a few minutes before you workout, eat a piece of fruit.
– Keep hydrated by taking small, frequent sips of water.
– During long, high intensity workouts, refuel every half hour or so with healthy carbs such as fruit. If your workout is a hour or less, you do not need to eat during.
– Keep drinking water!
– Within 20-60 minutes after working out, repair and build your muscles with protein foods such as fish, chicken, and vegetarian alternatives.
Perform at your best by staying hydrated and eating healthy foods!