- Improves water flavor and also adds essential vitamins
- Does not have preservatives, high fructose corn syrup, or refined sugars.
- Great alternative to soda
- Gives a boost of energy
If you’re addicted to sugary drinks, like soda, you can break with naturally sweetened infused water. Some store bought drinks have questionable ingredients. Since you’re not consuming the questionable ingredients in most store bought drinks, you’re receiving natural occurring vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
HOW TO GET STARTED
HOW DO YOU MAKE INFUSED WATER?
Method 1: Fill a picture, jar, or water bottle with water mix in fruit, veggies, and/or herbs; Let sit in the fridge for about 2 hours. The longer the fruit “infuse” the more flavorful.
Method 2: Put in fruit, veggies, and/or herbs in bottom of a picture, jar, or water bottle. Use a muddler to release the flavors, top with water, and ice if desired.
HOW LONG CAN I KEEP MY INFUSED WATER?
Refrigerated Infused Water: Drink within 3-4 days of infusing. Un-Refrigerated Infused Water: Drink water the same day as infusing.
- Each time you add water to the fruit, it will dilute and loose flavor. It is recommended to make a new batch once the fruit has started to soften or turn the water cloudy.
- Infused Water is not filled with preservatives. If your infused water looks or smells bad, do not drink it.
WHY DOES MY INFUSED WATER TASTE BITTER?
If you’re using citrus fruits, your infused water most likely tastes bitter because of the fruit rind. To avoid bitterness, cut off the rind before adding to water. Or, do not infuse fruits with rind for longer than 4 hours.
ARE THERE ANY BENEFITS TO DRINKING INFUSED WATER?
Yes! Infusing with fruits, vegetables, and herbs, you’re getting natural flavors, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Because this is an infusion, the amount of sugar and calories are little to none.
CAN I EAT THE FRUIT AFTERWARDS?
Yes, you can eat the fruit. You may, however, find the fruit a little bland after infusing.